I look forward to your comments in the coming year!
· Jan. 23, 2012: Common Questions: So You’re Starting a New Business, How Do You Protect your Brand?
· Jan. 24, 2012: SOPA – Dying on the Vine?
· Feb. 23, 2012: Senate Committee on the Judiciary Schedules Hearing on FOIA
· April 16, 2012: Second Circuit Partially Overturned Viacom vs. YouTube Case
· May 22, 2012: A Study in Counterfeiting Remedies – Denmark’s Approach
· June 16, 2012: Court Certifies Certain Authors as a Class in Google Books Dispute
· June 18, 2012: Open Forum at ABA Annual Meeting on Online Piracy and Counterfeiting
· Aug. 14, 2012: Google’s Request to Appeal Class Certification was Granted
· Oct. 12, 2012: Google and Publishers Reach Settlement Over Google Books Lawsuit
· Nov. 6, 2012: Recent E.D. Pa. Case: No “Likelihood of Confusion” from Competitor’s Marks in AdWords
· Nov. 14, 2012: Court-Ordered Restitution Vacated in Criminal Copyright Infringement Case, Based on Lack of Relevant Evidence
No posts in December.
I am working on a webinar through Thomson West on trademark tips, and I’ll post details here as soon as they are available. This webinar is expected to broadcast in January/February 2013.
I am also planning a panel discussion in April 2013 at the ABA IPL Section meeting in DC on the topic of anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy legislation. Links to the session and registration information will be provided once they are finalized.
And, more posts will continue in 2013 – I wish you all a healthy, happy and prosperous new year!