We expect to see more proposals on the trademark side as well, although it's likely that members of Congress may avoid controversial issues this year. As a result, it is hard to predict whether we expect to see any revisions to the COICA/PIPA/SOPA drafts (relating to counterfeiting by predatory foreign websites), given that these proposals each had their own challenges in public debate.
I look forward to your comments in the coming year, and wish you all the best in your own practices!
Chronological Index of Articles Posted in 2013:
- February 3, 2013, Webinar Scheduled for February 12, 2013
- March 12, 2013, Common Questions: Can I Copyright My 'Knight in Shining Armor' Story?
- March 27, 2013, FTC Issues New Guidance on Online Advertising Disclosures
- July 21, 2013, Online Piracy and Counterfeiting: Ad Networks Adopt New "Best Practices Guidelines"
- July 22, 2013, USPTO Extends Deadline for Voluntary Best Practices Study
- August 15, 2013, IPEC Victoria Espinel Steps Down
- October 2, 2013, New Copyright Proposal Addresses Performance Rights